NEWS!!! and MORE NEWS!!!
- Riverton Wednesday Farmers Market will be continuing on a limited basis at City Park from 5-7 p.m. until further notice.
- Riverton Master Gardeners have moved their market to the Fremont County Fairgrounds Lunchroom during the winter months, starting Saturday, October 5. Market runs from 9-11 a.m. New vendors are always welcome.
- Lander's Farmers Market will hold their final market of the season on Saturday,October 12. Come out to the Harvest Party at Lander City Park from 9-11:30 a.m. for food, family fun and music!
- Riverton Downtowners will host a Fall Harvest Festival on Main Street in Riverton Saturday, October 12 from 2-7 p.m, featuring a live scarecrow contest, corn-hole tournament, craft beer tasting, High Mountain Seasoning's Cookoff, artists, crafts, food goodies, and fun for the whole family. That evening there will be a Hunter's Ball on Broadway with a best-camouflage costume contest. They are encouraging all vendors who are interested to take part in the fun. Call Jerry at 856-4444.
- Be sure to check out the newest restaurant in Riverton!! The Riverton Local Food Hub has opened the Local Food Exchange at Riverton Municipal Airport Cafe. Our own Jack Schmidt has worked tirelessly to bring this to life. The cafe houses the hub's certified kitchen where local food entrepreneurs can produce their goods for retail sale in Wyoming and elsewhere! The restaurant is currently open Monday through Saturday from 6 a.m. - 2 p.m., featuring a limited menu of breakfast and lunch items offered by local producers using locally sourced foods or ingredients where possible. Take your next coffee break at the Exchange! For more information on this, check out their Facebook page, Riverton Local Food Hub, or go to www.rivertonlocalfoodhub.com.
Rebuilding the local food network in Fremont County
The mission of Fremont Local Foods is to promote the production and consumption of food from Wyoming's beautiful Wind River Basin.
more information: 307-851-8712